Youth Participation, Power and Ethics: moving beyond models, exploring the complexity and enhancing our practice
We love geeking out about youth participation models and sharing experiences of how this stuff happens in real life with young people and organisations. This workshop is a chance to gather with fellow geeks, share some stories, wrestle with some theories/tensions, and work together to lift our game with youth participation nationwide.
This is a highly interactive, honest, experiential and participatory (pun intended!) workshop. Join us and be prepared to:
- Explore scenarios of youth participation practice tensions - especially around power, diverse contexts, gaining the ear of decision-makers and what happens when young people stick around, like, forever
- Revisit some familiar models and pick up some underappreciated theories that really work
- Connect philosophies of ethics to participation more explicitly
- Reframe empowerment as a result, not as an action
- Have heaps of fun and support some new mates/geeks